Call alerts are important if you live in rural areas or simply can’t afford access to faster connection speeds. In that case, you may want to consider using these alert services to avoid the cost of a second phone line while having the power to decide when and how to answer phone messages. One feature many users of these services like is the caller ID features: you can see who’s calling without having to answer to the phone.
To support you in finding the right service, I list and have provided reviews for four core services from the major players in PC answering software services. This also includes free call services which might fit the bill, but lack a number of the important enhancements of paid plans that could make your life even easier by turning one phone line into two.
Caller ID software recognizes the database and the contacts of the company, the customer who is calling before answering.
It is a perfect tool in the development of the work of the operators of a switchboard to offer better customer service and technical support.
This identification system usually come bundled in software virtual PBX for IP telephony, as well as to integrate program independently.
Functions of a caller ID software
- Identify and view the registered data that is held by the customer at the time a call is received.
- Divert calls based on the number identified, either to another extension of the switchboard more suited to your interests or to voicemail.
- Access the record of all company calls.
- Group the contact phone book into a single application.
- Define which number (landline or mobile) or extension to show on outgoing calls.
Great benefits of having a caller ID in your company
Know the identity of who is calling:
- Caller ID software allows you to instantly know the caller’s identity, such as the name of the individual or the company.
- In case the number is inthe company’s contact list, the identifier will show the name of the contact.
- But in case you are not among the contacts, the identifier will only show the caller’s number. This way, you can manage the call queue with the virtual switchboard software.
- Also, this type of software allows you to easily answer missed calls with a simple click.
- On the other hand, it is possible to recognize and manage the most important incoming calls as soon as possible, as well as discard calls from unwanted contacts.
Define what phone number to show on outgoing calls:
- When making calls, this system offers the possibility to choose which number or extension of the company to display. You must first know how to differentiate between an IP extension or the analogue extension to know what your best option will be.
- Caller ID software provides greater control in the management of the information displayed on outgoing calls such as number, individual extensions, department, etc.
- Also, some solutions of this type allow you to make calls from mobile phones (even outside the office) using company information.